Saturday 26 May 2012

Volunteering...





Spent a few hours this evening in a trailer selling ticket's for St. John Ambulance's Spring into Summer draw.  I use to work there and I was amazed at how generous others were with their time as they volunteered to sell tickets for us.  So today I took my son (age 8), to volunteer with me.  I think it's good, now that he's old enough, to teach him about volunteering. We sold at least 50 tickets, it was really busy so the time flew by.  Tomorrow I'll go back again in the morning but with my daughter (age 6).

Kite festival tomorrow, hope it's nice out, calling for rain :(

3 comments:

  1. Good job!! :) Love that you took your oldest with you as well! It's pouring here already & strms are on the way... I hope it holds out for you though so you can still go to the kite festival!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Toni,

    I just want to let you know that I now have a blog that I am sharing with 3 of my crafty friends. The cards I gave you for the secret sister swap was made by one of my friends.

    I hope you can check it out.

    http://craftmatesetc.blogspot.ca/

    Thanks,
    Virna

    ReplyDelete
  3. So great that you took your son...volunteering is such a great service! My son is starting a CPR and First Aid course at his highschool today...St. John's Ambulance is another great service! Susan H. @ The Food Allergy Chronicles

    ReplyDelete