Friday 25 May 2012

Steel-cut oats


If you love steel-cut oats, but don't have the time to always make them, you should really give the instant ones a try. They're actually very good, and there doesn't seem to be anything bad added to the ingredients.  I get the pc blue menu ones.  Then I add blueberries, walnuts, coconut and brown sugar. Yum! Healthy, but huge calories...this bowl is probably 800 calories, which is a lot for breakfast!

  
There is a neat story behind the bowl too..my husband and I celebrated our 8th anniversary last year and the traditional gift was pottery, so I bought tickets to a charity event which was homemade soup served in your choice of a handmade pottery bowl that you get to keep. It was perfect. Something different to do, a healthy meal, matched the theme of our anniversary and supported a good cause.

Now speaking of yummy things...I have to point out this girl's site, I love Oh How She Glows, she sells amazing granola bars that are sold out the day she posts them and her blog always has healthy recipes..check this out!

Healthy Chocolate Chip Cookie Pota’Dough Dip! Vegan, Gluten-Free, Bean-free, Soy-free, and optionally Nut-free.



2 comments:

  1. What a cute idea for your annv gift!!! Love the bowl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the idea of a soup and bowl combo...especially that bowl! Love the earthy colours! I also love Oh She Glows...a fellow Canadian!

    ReplyDelete