Tuesday 29 May 2012

My hometown...making headlines

Well Thunder Bay has made the National News! My dad called yesterday asking if we had any water in our basement (after 10 days of rain and a huge thunder storm the night before).  Then he proceeded to tell me our city is in a state of emergency...I had no idea! I only left the house briefly to run to the grocery store. Here I sat completely oblivious to the ciaos around me. Flooded basements, parks, yards, parking lots, and lots of road closures due to wash outs.

 These are the falls, they don't normally look like this!

 There was one car that was driving along and the road collapsed beneath them and then another car drove on top of them. Everyone was sent to hospital.
And our watsewater treatment plant is flooded too, so we're asked not to use water excessively. Check out our local news if you want to see more!  (or the national link above)

1 comment:

  1. It's good that your house was not affected by all the rain. It's weird because we have not had any rain in Toronto lately.

    ReplyDelete