Sunday 29 April 2012

Sunday Night Chit -Chat


Reading?

Well I've kind of stalled, I was crazy into the Hunger Game Triliogy, I couldn't put the first one down and read it in a week (which is amazing for me, with time being at a minimum these days), the second one I had done in a few days! This third one is slow going, I'm just not crazy about where the story has gone and I'm finding it hard to finish.










Watching?


The Apprentice, UK. I'm hooked on this show! I've been downloading all the past seasons because before last week I'd never seen it.  I love all the different tasks, each one is basically to start a new business or product within 2 days and whichever team makes the most money wins.  This plays into my total LOVE of games.  I will also watch the Amazing Race and Good Wife later. (maybe tomorrow)



Listening to?

The crackling of our fireplace...ahh, and the sweet silence of all three kids fast asleep!

Cooking/Baking?
Well this gives me a good opportunity to update about the Vegetarian Lasagna Recipe I posted a few days ago, I made it yesterday...not a huge hit. The kids didn't like the Sweet Potato in it, but they ate it.  My husband liked it well enough, and so did I, but I'm pretty sure it's huge in calories and not really worth it. Nice for a change though something different.




Happy you accomplished this week?

Started this new Birdie Something blog! I've been thinking about doing one for a while but it was the Secret Sister Swap that was the final push I needed to get back online.  Thanks to Carla for the inspiration!

I love cute bird crafts and speaking of inspiration look at these cute Owl pin cushions! You can watch the DIY video on how to make them, seem pretty simple, and SO cute. I don't sew, except for on cards, but this could convince me to start!


Looking forward to next week?

Putting together my package for the Swap!

And..One last week with my husband who's on Parental Leave with me.  I'm going to miss him when he goes back to work, just one more week :(

Thankful for today?

Thankful that my little one has finally started to go to bed at a reasonable hour. Use to be midnight, but for the last two nights it's been 9-9:30! And she's sleeping in her own bed, not ours :)

2 comments:

  1. At least you get hubby for one more week- enjoy it! The first Hunger Games book was my fave, though I did read all three. Hope you like the 3rd- can't wait to hear your thoughts!

    Have a great week and thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't went near the Hunger Games... not sure how much i'd like it. Seems to be kind of like the "Twilight" genre which I didn't get into either. All 3 kids sleeping at once?! Pure heaven!! lol! Nice that you & hubby both got time off for the baby though, sorry it's ending so fast! :(

    ReplyDelete