Monday 30 April 2012

An experiment gone Good!

Tried a new recipe and it was great!

Wild Rice and Chicken Soup

COOK TIME 3.5 hours
PREP TIME 20 minutes
YIELD Makes 9 (1-1/2-cup) servings

INGREDIENTS
5 cups chicken broth
1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts or thighs, cooked and cut into bite-size pieces
2 cups water
1 cup sliced celery
1 cup diced carrots
3/4 cup wild rice
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/2 teaspoon rosemary
3 bay leaves
1 teaspoon dried sage


Mix all in pot and simmer for 3-4 hours add a 1/2 cup frozen peas at the end, until warm.


I cooked this while I was at the salon getting my hair done. A ridiculous $190 to get a colour (back to my natural ) a few highlights and a cut. I came home and my 8 year old said " your hair is darker and longer". No wonder the cut was so expensive the hairdresser apparently can cut hair longer ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment