Wednesday 1 August 2012

More cards...

I've been crafting a little bit, it's been a good break for the lice problem we have here! I've been dreading it, but I knew the day would come the two older kids got lice (and with my long hair I'm surprised I only had a few). I didn't want to use the Nix, which is basically pesticide, so I looked up natural solutions and I found this worked:

1) Soak head in water and douse with white vinegar, let sit for 1-2 hours
2) Rinse and then wash with dishsoap
3)Rinse and then put in a handful of conditioner
4) Use a Nit comb and brush out conditioner, the nits and dead lice get picked up in the conditioner as it builds up on the comb, rinse comb each pass through.
5) Wash linen, vacuum furniture and bag stuffies
5) Keep checking and do another treatment in 10 days

That white vinegar is amazing stuff we use it for cleaning everything (mirrors, floors, countertops) in our house so we buy it in bulk, I was glad to not have to run out and get special products for this treatment, I had everything I needed already!

Here are the cards..nicer to look at than lice pictures ;) You can get the kit to make them at Created With Paper!








No comments:

Post a Comment